(because 3 is too little, 5 is too neat and 10 is too many)
1. Have you seen the Vietnamese caves in this video?
2. More information on those amazing caves, in case you're intrigued like I was after watching that!
3. Can you pass this quiz on common literary devices? (I scored 100% shockingly enough!)
4. A friend of mine started this beautiful cooking website, Savory Time. I want to try the roasted mushrooms and kale salad stat!
5. ... and because I've been wanting to try braised beef ribs lately (which I think would go great with the afore mentioned salad!)
6. On celebrity sightings in NYC.
7. Loved these kitchen storage upgrades.
*above snap of one of my fave pages in Cherry Bombe issue no. 4. How great is that quote from Miranda Lambert, "If you've got a little muffin top, that doesn't define you."
The fact that I am finally blogging vanessa+evan is frankly, so, so, SO exciting to me.
And maybe you too???
I adore vanessa+evan.
Because of these two humans and the fact that they hired me to photograph their new york wedding, yes, I said, "new york wedding" because they previously ALSO had a france wedding... uh huh, yeah... no, okay, the fact that they hired me to photograph their new york wedding allowed me, nicholas and my mom and dad to all come to new york together.
And you see, my mom had literally DAYS before their wedding been diagnosed with cancer,
so for nicholas and I to get to bring them with us to new york and to all our favorite places BEFORE she got really sick,
well, that's honestly all I can say. I'll just start bawling thinking about it.
I don't know if it was the emotions. I don't know if it was my heart just out there WIDE OPEN. I don't know if it was the fact that Vanessa said, "Absolutely natural light only even if it's dark I want the ambiance!" I don't even know... but the teensy tiny thing I do know is this:
this wedding changed. me.
Maybe it was the whole having my heart about to be ripped out of me during the next year, something about this wedding made me SEE DIFFERENTLY.
Something about this wedding made me prepare more. Made me connect more beforehand with my client, with my couple. Made me want to capture/tell the story with a fullness that previously I don't think I was doing...
Something about this wedding made me hold on so, so, so tight to life and love.
So, without further adieu, here are all my favorite images from the day.
And also, GINORMOUS thank you to BRIDES for also loving
this wedding enough to share it with the crazy thing that IS wedding world.
There was details GALORE which you can get specifics on by visiting the BRIDES link.
- yes, they got ready together at. the. plaza. hotel.
- yes, that is their adorable frenchie stella.
- yes, they are the reigning champions of working out. ever.
- yes, i had the best 'vendor meal' of my wedding career life thanks to ici;
braised short ribs in risotto and roasted veggies.
this little old man, let me tell you about him, it goes like this:
he saw vanessa and gasps and takes her hand and proceeds to tell her how
precious marriage is and how he adored his late wife and how beautiful vanessa was
and how much she reminded him of his wife...
then we all cried. clearly.
these candles doubled as the seating arrangement display!
they danced to 'hometown glory' by adele and it was singlehandedly the best first dance i've seen.
woa to the power of choosing the right first dance song.
congrats beth+alex! they got engaged a few months ago!
and then, sometimes, when I'm all done 'technically working',
i have a glass of champagne and/or whiskey, and party with the best of them.
and the photos at that point are just for fun, yet sometimes, my favorites...
thanks again BRIDES!